Thursday, April 1, 2010

Benefits of a GOOD bed...


If you haven’t experienced a full, interrupted night’s sleep then you don’t know what you’re missing. I can honestly say I’ve been sleep deprived for the last few years and didn’t know it. Does this sound familiar:

- I wake up several times per night
- I often toss & turn to get comfortable
- I feel my partner move in bed and it wakes me up
- I feel tired & groggy in the morning
- I don’t feel like I’ve had a full night’s sleep

If this describes your current situation, I highly recommend investigating a new bed. My partner & I recently embarked on the enormous task of purchasing a new bed and came across the Tempurpedic “memory foam” bed. I’m not usually one to give such strong recommendations on a specific brand but certainly in this case it is warranted.

A recent nationwide survey revealed four in 10 of us sleep poorly and the average amount of sleep is just 6.6 hours, almost 90 minutes short of the recommended guide of 8 hours, Almost a third say a new bed would make a big difference to their sleep quality: what are you waiting for?!

Kids today are taught at school how to eat properly, the importance of exercise and even how to have safe sex. But for sleep, which takes up a third of our lives, there’s not a whisper. "Daytime tiredness in young students is a real problem, so schools need to provide more formalised information about the benefits of sleep as part of an ongoing compulsory health education" says sleep expert Kath McGrath, author of The Sleep Council's new Goodnight Guide for Children.

If you're not sleeping comfortably - which you won’t if your bed's not right - then you’re not getting the quality sleep you need and without that you won’t have the mental or physical resources to stay calm, in control and on top of things.

Good Night's Sleep!

Kendra Court
Gatherings Event Planning


No comments: